After learning to live more remotely in 2020 and 2021, it’s time to consider 2022 as a new beginning.
To help you embrace a new balanced lifestyle, here are five interior design trends meant to inspire spaces that will welcome guests, while also incorporating the special intimacies that may have been rediscovered from the downturn. Each trend can be used for a complete home makeover or incorporated into small touches to refresh a space.
1. Kiss. Embrace all that is good in your life and create a feeling of comfort, warmth and security. We recommend comfortable textures and a palette of plush coral, subtle orange, soft green, and creamy shades of white and brown to achieve this look in spaces like bedrooms or family rooms. A simple and elegant way to incorporate this into a room is to add a coat of paint to a textured basket for a pop of color. Then fill it with plenty of plush blankets to complete the cozy look and feel.
2. Get up. Give your existing space a new perspective with the ‘Rise’ trend. Inspired by the morning light peeking through the shades, incorporating this trend into your bedroom or bathroom is sure to invigorate and motivate you. For example, add a coat of green paint to your closet door for a nice pop of color in a place where you start your day. No matter where you’re looking to add a cool color, you’ll want to get crisp, crisp paint lines.
3. Gather. Reunions with friends and family are long overdue, so set the mood and mood just the way you envisioned it. Inspired by the depth of conversations with loved ones, the “Gather” trend embraces rich, dark tones like navy blue, teal or forest green. Incorporate this trend by painting the focal point of a room, such as kitchen cabinets or the living room fireplace. Or add bold, dark details with furniture and artwork. You can keep it subtle by creating personalized centerpieces dipped in paint and wrapped in twine.
4. Relive. Revive your home with calming and vibrant shades of pink, orange and blue to strike a balance between motivation and satisfaction. Consider adding a vibrant paint color to old, worn details like a front door, nightstand, or kitchen table. It may seem out of context or out of character, but give it a try.
5. Shine. The “Shine” trend is all about letting your real self shine. Implement this trend in any room in your home by adopting all the colors of the rainbow and visually displaying what is important to you. -Status