We are a bespoke, design-driven manufacturer providing furniture solutions including bedrooms, kitchens, media spaces, bars and individual home furnishings.
We are looking for a highly experienced individual who will bring a creative flair to our organization by dealing with our new and existing client base.
This role requires office work hours ideally 9am to 5pm plus occasional evening and weekend work
This position is for an experienced furniture designer with the following skills:
– Creativity and conceptual design
– Highly experienced in producing detailed drawings of bespoke furniture for manufacturing using Articad
– A solid understanding of furniture and woodworking methods and materials
– Proven ability to generate accurate and detailed production/manufacturing drawings
– Candidates should be prepared for a fast turnaround from initial concept to design solution
– Working to deadlines and meeting deadlines are essential for this role
– This role requires a focused, flexible and motivated individual
– A wide range of product knowledge is required, due to the highly personalized nature of our business
Key areas of responsibility would include:
Design development for bedroom furniture, bars, media spaces,
Generate clear and accurate approval and production drawings to the highest standards
Build effective relationships with customers, in order to understand their needs
Accurately produce individual designs to meet customer requirements either using CAD
Visit customers to take measurements and verify installation requirements
Professional prevention in our prestigious South Manchester Showroom
Carefully manage each project from initial investigation to completion with regular site visits.
Handle all after-sales inquiries quickly and efficiently.
To be successful in this role, you will be lively and enthusiastic with excellent attention to detail and have the ability to work on your own initiative as well as within a team. You have excellent communication skills and the ability to use your creative flair to its full potential.
A first experience in the renovation and interior decoration industry is essential.
The role of the designer would include:
Meet customers in the showroom and establish a quality relationship
Complete basic survey requirements during initial visit
Design a project adapted to the needs and requirements of the client, but also designed to meet their needs
Present a clear explanation of the design and specification
Effectively manage objections
Be well presented and professional
Respond to telephone inquiries
Follow-up with clients after presentation
Achieve monthly sales goals to earn extra commission
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced built-in furniture designer/salesperson with a positive attitude and self-motivation to put 100% effort into every customer you may encounter. Experience is required with design in ArtiCad
The role of the position is 5 days + weekends and evening work is sometimes required.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our award-winning team with an established customer database.
We are a prestigious company renowned in the North West region for the design and installation of top quality custom furniture. Being part of this fantastic team means a great working environment and a product and service you can be really proud of.
The full-time position has a competitive salary, commission system, employee discounts, excellent training and career prospects.
Key skills and experience
– Previous retail or sales experience.
– Knowledge of the industry.
– A background or interest in interior design.
– Knowledge of all industry related CAD packages would be beneficial.
– Presentable with a strong customer service ethic and exceptional interpersonal skills.
– Good sense of organization, sense of creativity, attention to detail and excellent team spirit.
– Achieve sales targets and maintain excellent customer service.
Job type: Full time
Design: 3 years (Preferred)
Manchester, Greater Manchester/Cheshire
The successful candidate must be self-motivated and have a strong work ethic to be able to tackle measurement, design, layout and quote
Must have a clean driver’s license and be able to use your own car for client visits but will have a mileage allowance
Great commissions provided
Types of employment: full-time, contract, permanent
Salary: £20,000 a year plus good commission